Sailing WITH A Fleet

Today I'm excited because I've been making surprise visits and harvesting seeds of sunshine and joy with some very special counseling colleagues who have been sailing through life with me. Don't you love the word with?


I used my Kohl's cash to purchase this pastel-blue
mindfulness pillow for my friend Cynthia



that became an instant hit with her dear Dolphins.

Next stop: Wedgewood Elementary.


It's always a heartwarming gift to connect with Toni.

Earlier in the week, I'd driven to Lake Jackson to deliver 
a Seattle Starbucks mug from my travels.


What a joy it was to connect with Sara and Maria;
I was especially touched when they opened up their journals
to take notes about all of the stuff we were about to discuss.
Their new school is so blessed to have these two in their fleet.

Here's what I noticed on the white board the next day at FHS 
while visiting with our PALs about mindful listening.


We spent time analyzing this emotional clip from Kelly and Ryan
before practicing our SOLER skills with one another.



As you might imagine, I'm feeling so much gratitude and joy to be able to check in on all of these superheroes and support their {heart} work.

I'm also delighted today to share that our collaborative,
 Stories In Edu: Sail With A Fleet
has been released and is now available.

Click the image for purchasing info at Amazon.
Encouraged to enter a writing contest to earn a chance to set sail with this fleet, I shared the story about how we've used puppets to hook, engage, and grow with students at Westwood and at Bales the past seventeen years. Super excited to have authored chapter fourteen, Puppet Master, and set sail with these amazing edu-heroes.

Life continues to amaze and surprise me,
every day something different and new awaits.
But the one thing that's constant is that
we grow stronger (and perhaps wiser) 
when we step into one another's stories
and share our heartbeat with them.
Fully present.
Mindfully aware.
Without judgement.

Our next post at The Corner will be a milestone,
number 1500. Can you believe it?

Thank you, dear reader, for sticking with me
for seven years, through that many reflections.
The happy, the scary, the sad, the mad.
The ups and downs, the highs and lows,
the comfortable and the uncomfortable,
the challenges and the celebrations.

It'll be the perfect time for a sweet surprise, because who doesn't love a little sweetness now and again? Can you guess what it is?

Until then, happy Sunday.





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!