Loving Thoughtfulness

Today I'm at once exhausted and energized. Exhausted, because we're going through the process of re-piping our home and it's a colossal mess. Energized, because after posting a picture on social media to ask for recommendations for a painter, a flooring company, some sheetrock pros, I got a text from a mom at my former school, asking if she could swing by to drop something off.


Turns out, they went through this same 
home-improvement project last year, so she gets it.
Relief washed over me when she started talking 
galvanized pipes. Weird, I know.

Empathy.
In motion.



They pull up and out jumps Lauren with a huge hug for me,
along with this lavender plant and a beautiful card filled with
powerful, kind words to remind me that I am not alone.

Compassion.
On the move.

They stayed a visited for a bit; they reminded me that
the best things in life aren't things.



Kindness.
It's a superpower.


It was a small thing that left an indelible kindness footprint.
And when they were gone, I had a big ugly cry.
Feels good really, to emote like that, 
to let it all out without reserve,
the exhaustion,
the loneliness,
the worry,
the stress.

Feels even better to know that we are loved.


I sent a copy of my book to these fifth-grade superheroes in FL;
check out some of their beautiful reflections about Chapter Two.


Unconditional love is all about starting small ... 


about loving one another without parameters ... 


about being the one to start the chain reaction.

The thoughtfulness of these learners and their teacher for
 sharing their takeaways and fun feedback touches my heart.

More exciting news: We have moved forward
with our Character Speaks podcast, in to Season 2,
at least for a little bit while we work out some
 tune in today for some emotional-regulation wisdom
and lots of kindness-infusion ideas and inspiration.


We are so grateful to each and every podcast guest
for carving out time to share their expertise with us
and to you, the listener, for your support and love.

Finally, don't forget to show loving kindness
to yourself through wise mindful rituals like these
that I learned from my mentor, Sally:



How are you practicing loving thoughtfulness today?






1 comment

  1. Oh man, renos can be SO exhausting. We're going through a basement reno right now so I hear you loud and clear.
    I love your heart-warming story about the mom and the lavender plant!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!