B Is For Breathe

Happy Monday; how was your Father's Day?

Jacob came home, so he and John made a little table for our new Smart TV and sound bar. These fun father-son bonding moments make my heart happy. Here, John's coaching Joshua as they work to get this old leaf blower running.


Since I've posted last, I've hosted our 4th-annual Poolside PD,


connected with expert Bucket-Filler, author Carol McCloud,


and made these mindfulness beauties for a self-care workshop.


It has been a busy month, so I've needed numerous reminders to stay 
mindfully aware, in this moment, and breathing with intention. 

Enter this new tool for our mindfulness arsenal.


Clinical Psychologist Melissa Munro Boyd penned this ABC text to give caregivers 26 tried-and-true coping strategies to help children
 with emotional regulation and feelings management.

Click {here} for a read-aloud.

I was delighted when Dr. Boyd reached out to send us a copy
so that we could have a look because earlier that morning,
Amazon had already suggested it as a resource
that would align with the kinds of books I browse.
Funny how Amazon knows us so well, eh?

Check out this book for the next time you've got children (or adults!) with unresolved fussy or frustrating feelings and see if they
can't find the perfect suggestion to help them regulate.








No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!