Intentionally Leading With Empathy

Happy Columbus Day; today I'm excited because
I spent three glorious hours with the school counselors
in Deer Park ISD, talking leadership and self-care.
I made these mindfulness balloons for each of them.

See the smiley face ones?

They represent the 28% of the people in a survey by Shine
 who said they'd feel comfortable taking a mental health day
despite 95% of those surveyed saying they'd be more effective 
were they to take an occasional mental health day.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.

We focused a lot on the work of Brené Brown;
here are a few of my favorite images from today.


Courage is heart work.


And compassion isn't just for others.


I'm also honored and grateful to talk empathy on 
today's episode of today's Character Strong podcast.


I get so fired up at the possibility of elevating empathy
in our future for students, staff, and stakeholders!

Empathy, after all, gives kindness its why.

Check out these recent empathy, compassion, kindness gems.






How are you intentionally 
elevating empathy,
mobilizing compassion,
and sharing kindness 
in your world?








No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!