Empathy And Mindfulness

Today I'm thinking about empathy and feeling grateful to 
my friend Jennifer, who sent this Plato wisdom my way recently. 


On Monday, I had the opportunity to put together and record
a parenting session on Emotional Identity and Empathy.


First, I offered up some Getting To Know Your Child questions,
then we looked at identifying emotions to claim and tame them.
Finally, we talked about the three kinds of empathy and ways
to elevate that important virtue in our youngest leaders.

If we'd have had more time, I would have totally shared more mindfulness strategies, because mindfulness can enhance empathy.

It makes sense, right? The more mindful I become, the less anxious I might feel. And when anxiety goes down, empathy can go up, because I'm more able to focus on a collective WE instead of just me.

Since the very wellbeing of WE depends on a healthy me,
I thought that in March we could work with intention 
to sharpen our skills in our daily mindfulness practice.

So I created our March calendar with a focus on Mindful Moments,
little things that we can do every day that'll help us relax and restore.

I know, I know, if mindfulness is about staying in the moment
and unwrapping the present, how can I be thinking about March
when it's not even Valentines Day yet? To that point, a reminder
to Seize The Day; I had some time and I want to share it at a
self-care workshop next week, so I got ahead a little bit.

Need even more mindfulness ideas? Visit my Pinterest collection.

Happy Wednesday; if you're in a place where there's
a polar vortex right now, bundle up and stay cozy.
That kind of bone-chilling cold can be hard to bear.
{See what I did there, a little mid-week humor for you.}





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!