Nature's Springtime Splendor

I just gave the wheel a spin; congrats to Just Aubrey!


Send us your postal address and we'll ship you a copy of Earth Squad.
Today, seven scenic shots of Springtime in the South.


Dewberry season typically means we'll be taste-testing Kolaches or pie.


Last night, it was delicious dewberry pie!

Though the time has come for our Bluebonnets to go to seed, 


we spotted this patch in full bloom and still going strong in north Austin.

And our Monarch caterpillars are back and pretty easy to spot on Milkweed,

but can you find the lizard that John spied hiding in this tree?


Such a great job of camouflage, eh?

In this shot, a first for me, this brilliant Indigo Bunting on our feeder.


And another first, a Red Shouldered Hawk on the bridge
watching a Barred Owl as it takes flight from the grassy area.


{You may have to trust me as I only had a cell-phone camera to capture it.}

Such a fun few days under the warm Texas sun.

What natural splendor have you been blessed by today?







No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!