I've heard it said that Silence Is Golden, and look what happened while I was away, savoring the silence. I am walking on sunshine at how the amazingly talented Barb over at Ruby Slippers Designs upgraded our look at the Corner. It's called Glow Luxe and is one of her beautiful pre-mades.
Would star struck adequately describe how I'm feeling?
Thank you, Barb, for your thoughtfulness, efficiency and hard work.
Anyway, it's gotten me to thinking about all that is gold.
Here are my golden top ten:
10. The Golden Parachute. John tells me this one means
a sweet retirement package. Sounds good to me!
9. John and I will celebrate our Golden Anniversary
on my 80th birthday. Congrats to those who are already there.
8. California is the Golden State. (Hi Kim and Sylvia!)
7. Our theme this year is an Eagles' Golden Oldie.
6. A friend's word is as Good as Gold.
I appreciate trustworthiness in a friend.
5. My favorite dog breeds are Golden:
Retrievers and Labs. (Hi Rhythm!)
4. Go for the gold.
Oh, and there's no shame in silver, nothing bad about bronze,
as long as you did your best.
3. All that glitters is not gold.
Pyrite glitters, but it's fools' gold.
Just be cautious;
things are not always as they seem.
2. Think of your next challenge as a Golden Opportunity.
1. Always remember The Golden Rule:
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
May your today feel like pure gold.