The Gift Of Time

Today I'm still on a natural high from working with the McKinney ISD counselors yesterday. They were such willing participants who sang, danced and got silly with me. I enjoyed a wonderful Italian meal with my friend Tara and her family Sunday night, then warm hospitality at Janet's home overnight. 


We spent a fun-filled three morning hours before I was treated to lunch by Sheila and her boys from Pennies of Time. These new friends do something small to serve every day and truly are the kind of people with whom you want to surround yourself. They brought a blanket and Chick-fil-A for a picnic lunch; we danced the Six Pillar Shuffle together for dessert! After lunch, we got back to work on our character crusade, finishing up by about 3:30 as I had a plane to catch. I was taxied to and fro between McKinney and Love Field by counselors who went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable and I left there exhausted and energized all at once. My time with them truly was a gift.


Now I'm thinking about the Clothing Drive that our Good News Club just hosted. Every day for a week, we had curbside service to take donations from our school families to serve ... other school families through our Clothes Closet. 
And our friends in shelters or without homes. 
Repurposing at its finest. 
We've even invited our Hometown Heroes from Friendswood High School to extend our reach of caring for people in need.

Have you ever hosted a clothes swap? If so, how did it go? 




1 comment

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!