When Serendipity Steps In

Today I'm excited about this fun collaboration.

Do you know about Jordyn's Be Kind To Everyone crusade? I found her online about seven years ago, when I first bought this T-shirt from her. A young lady with autism, Jordyn and her mom started this business to help spread awareness and kindness. Since purchasing this shirt, I've added four more to my kindness collection, so during my January purge, I took my first purchased to a friend to donate it to be made in to a pillow. While I was sharing the shirt's backstory, it occurred to me that it might be fun to send it back to Jordyn in April, for Autism Awareness month. Later that evening, I found out that Jordyn would be turning 23 this month, so I texted and Lori started right away crafting a special birthday surprise.

I sent it to GA and this past week, Lori was tagged in an Insta post.

Oh what fun, when serendipity steps in and things align for good.

In other news, the project that John has been supporting at NASA is about to make an historic lunar landing attempt this evening. This picture from Intuitive Machines is quite impressive and we are enthusiastically awaiting the landing opportunity. Watch it {here}.

The plan is for the lander to stay on the moon and gather data for its seven-day lifespan.

It was truly an out-of-this-world birthday present for John yesterday,
when Odysseus successfully entered the lunar orbit, the culmination
of a lifetime of hopes, dreams and hard work for my planetary scientist.

Screenshot Source: Time For Kids

Isn't he so cute in his little red sneakers?

Imagine serendipity stepping in so that the lunar lander, which was scrubbed on its first launch date, would make it to the moon's orbit on his 63rd birthday. A dream come true for little Johnny, especially since we have not been back to the moon since that Apollo era. Fifty two years is a long time to wait.

I hope today's kids are as jazzed about Odysseus as John was about Apollo, so the dream will stay alive and humankind will go back to the moon soon.


I know some curious learners that cannot wait to hear all about it from Nasa's Dirt dude. When has serendipity visited you lately?


  





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!