And Many More!

I didn't plan it this way, to be away on Jacob's 18th birthday, but that's how it worked out. When I got invited to do that back-to-school presentation, he and I talked about it and agreed that it wasn't that big of a deal since he'd be in band all day anyway, so I said SURE! But as I was flying to Alabama the evening before, it started to sink in that I'd be missing his big day and it tugged at my heartstrings. A LOT! So I came up with this plan: I'd ask the teachers in my Sing, Dance, Laugh and Build Character keynote to send birthday wishes to Jacob, then I'd post the singing telegram on his FB page. To surprise him. And it did. Here they are, being such good sports and playing along with a mom who was feeling conflicted about being gone and missing some memory-making moments; don't you just LOVE the teacher who waves to him from the back?


Spring 2009
Here he is, the one in the NASA shirt, with his siblings in probably the last picture of the kids together in the bluebonnet patch that I would ever take. And now he's about to start his senior year of high school. What a big difference a few seasons make. 

The two ladies who added, "And many more!" to the birthday refrain are Pam and Lisa, my new friends from Alabama. I join them in wishing Jacob many, many more wonderful birthdays as he grows into adulthood and goes out into the world to do great things.

Our three blessings, summer 2012.

4 comments

  1. Happy Birthday (belated) to Jacob! What a precious surprise to post of Facebook. I'm sure he felt the love of all those women who were really surrogate moms for just a few seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just precious. What a great way to start my day. Happy Birthday to Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jacob. I know how proud your Mom is if you... and from what I could tell during those few hours I spent with you, she is so lucky to have such a kind, caring, reflective son.
    I hope your day is wonderful!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love the video. Your Jacob is a lucky kid!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!