Welcome Home

photo of quote about HOME

Even though my Saturday Songs summertime series has ended, I heard about this song yesterday for the first time from my friend Autumn, and yes, it's Saturday, and yes, this is an inspirational song . . . what's a blogger to do? Autumn was Joshua's sixth-grade teacher (remember the 
I Love Joshua post?) and said this about Home by Phillip Phillips:

I just LOVE this song and it is going to be my theme song this school year. My favorite line says, "Just know you're not alone, and I'm going to make this place your home." I really can envision what a different school year it would be if every single teacher grabbed every student's little face between their hands, looked them in the eyes, and recited those words. That is my wish for my own two kiddos, I hope at least one teacher will do that for them, and I plan on doing it for all of my students. Home SHOULD represent the safest, best, warmest place on earth . . .
I want all kids to be welcomed home this school year!




6 comments

  1. I do love this song...I hadn't thought about it as a theme song for school! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to use this for my intro at Back to School Night.
    You're right: This IS how we wish for them to see their classrooms... Safe and welcoming places.
    Great song choice!
    (Great counselor!)

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song! This is the first time I've heard it.

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that song! It gives me chills everytime I listen to it - thanks to the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with pp - what a great idea to make it a theme for the schoolyear. It would also be fantastic background music for a photo slideshow at the end of the year. And Barbara - I love your little "postery" headlines. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!