Just Plain Nuts

Happy New Year!
Today I'm thinking about differences
because of something that Jacob said to me yesterday.
About my peanut butter balls of all things.


Really, mom? You drizzled extra chocolate on some of them?
Did you have to fancy them up?
Can't their deliciousness just speak for itself?

Food for thought ... do the fancier ones on the left 
look more enticing? 
More delectable somehow?
A product you might even pay a little more for?
Because he's got a point ... their outward appearance is different, but on the inside, they're the same.
Same flavor.
Same texture.
Same tasty ingredients.
And isn't it what's on the inside that counts?

Sometimes reflecting on stuff like this
drives me just plain nuts.





3 comments

  1. Not sure if I'm actually reflecting on this, but I will say that this post drew a substantial chuckle out of me and it felt good! I don't know if I was more amused by Jacob's commentary or how it propelled you into nutty reflection. Either way, your peanut butter balls look yummy and if truth be told, I think I'd pay a little more for the ones on the left! Happy New Year, Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post:) your son is right of course but I'd still pick the ones on the left.
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either way, they look hard to pass up!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!