Crucial Friends

Warning: Today's post will be a bit more 
philosophical, 
reflective, 
spiritual even 
than usual.
But it's what's on my heart and mind.

Sometimes we wait for God to do something ... anything ...
to help us through our trials and tribulations ...


... because life is hard. Really hard. 

{What's on your plate today?
And what's your plan?}

But here's what I'm finding ... it's not about our plan.
We can't go it alone. We just can't.
But I have good news!

God is doing something ... 
every minute of every day.
Every time He sends someone to support me.
A colleague.
A parent.
A friend.
A student.
A neighbor.
A family member.





And those crucial friends, those gifts from God, were called to do something, like send me a warm thought, a smile, a caring email, a beautiful song by Matthew West, a note of encouragement, a text to say hello, a phone call just because, an affirmation, a compliment, a flower, some chocolate, a fresh loaf of homemade bread, an invitation for a walk or a dinner date, a prayer, a copy of 
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young in the mail.

Trusting dependence ... I like it ... in theory.

But I get SO caught up in trying to control my circumstances.
And the more I try to control ... yep ...
the more out of control I spin.

Trusting dependence ... 
depending on my higher power ... 
so important. Critical even.
Because He's got this.
24/7.

From theory to practice ... that's my challenge today.
To know that God has sent people to me ... to do something.
To trust it. Without question.
And then to act ...
because He's also called me to be that crucial friend to others.
To do something. 
To send a warm thought, a smile, a caring email, a beautiful song by Matthew West, a note of encouragement, a text to say hello, a phone call just because, an affirmation, a compliment, a flower, some chocolate, a fresh loaf of homemade bread, an invitation for a walk or a dinner date, a prayer, a copy of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young in the mail.

Every day.

How will you be a crucial friend today?





3 comments

  1. I send you a wagging tail and a piece of my big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the meaning and beauty within this post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!