There You Are Empathy Chat

Today I'm excited because I've been invited to lead a Twitter chat on Sunday night for a group of educators in Texas and beyond whom I really admire. We are going to have seven questions, based on this acrostic I created.

UPDATE: Click picture for a transcript of the chat!

This week, I've been reflecting on something I heard on the radio about there being two kinds of people, those who enter a room and say, "Here I am." 
and those who enter the room and instead say, "There you are." 

And the latter sounded so much like empathy to me.

Here's a sneak peek at the questions we'll be discussing.



















So this is your official invitation, to join us on Twitter Sunday night, April 17th, at 8 pm {CST}; use the hashtag #txeduchat to talk about elevating empathy. I'll be there, ready to welcome you enthusiastically and passionately with the words, 
"There you are!"






1 comment

  1. What an amazing idea! I have been culling resources this year to emphasize empathy with my kiddos and I look forward to hearing the strategies others use. Thank you for sharing this and you can definitely count me in! :)

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!