Starfish and Superpowers

Today I'm on a natural high as I reflect on my time with the amazing school counselors in the Hoosier State. Almost a year ago, I got an email from the ISCA President Stephanie K with a kind invitation to keynote their state conference; 


look at the beautiful Starfish she gave me 
as a treasure to remember my visit and their theme.


I made little magnets for each of the counselors with the words of wisdom from the things my Starfish thanked me for during the seventeen years with them.



Early into the talk, I invited these counselors I've collaborated with online (but not met in person until this trip) to the front, to lead the group in song on my ukulele and illustrate the power of moving from me to WE.


Our message? Build upon on their strengths as superpowers
and you'll be supercharged by where you can take them 
as you enjoy who they are and watch who they're becoming.

The tweets from these passionate superheroes 
{who are so obviously sold out for their Starfish}


really touched my heart and spoke to my soul.


I love reading their takeaways.


After a book signing, I led an empathy breakout.


Before heading to the airport, I got to sit in on a session
with Jan, the Indiana School Counselor of the Year, who hosted
a Coup Feather Ceremony; we cried as we circled up
and shared about a time we'd shown courage and bravery.


More passion.
More love.
More joy.

Then I got to visit more with Bridget H, last year's IN Counselor of the Year, because she offered to give me a lift back to the airport.

Grateful and blessed.

I returned home late last night, 
at once exhausted and energized.
And mostly just grateful.
So incredibly grateful.

Speaking of gratitude, we are thankful to NCYI for their generosity in giving away two copies of ABC Worry Free. Drum roll please ... 
selected by a random number generator, the winners are:




Numbers 8 and 3; congrats Robin and Annie. Email your postal address so we can put your copy in the mail directly.

If ever you want to book a learning session with me through the NCYI Speakers Bureau, you can do that {here}.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!