Shattering The Silence

Hello and happy Wednesday; today I'm excited
{and a little nervous} because my guest post on
shattering the shroud of silence is now live {here}.


I'm finding that it takes a lot of vulnerability, courage, and trust to share your backstory, through the valleys to the mountain tops and back, even during times of teetering tenuously between mental health and mental illness.

I wrote this impassioned piece because here's the thing: 
If we never talk about a thing,
how will we ever change that thing?

And isn't the mental health of our family and friends
worth saying something about, especially on the chance
that it might serve to improve our wellbeing?

Click {here} for more info on Emotional First Aid.

I'm also delighted today about getting my copy of Say Something,
the latest treasure from author & illustrator Peter H. Reynolds.


It's a simple but empowering text about
finding your voice and expressing yourself,
even if, for you, that's not done aloud or verbally, 
but communicated through your actions like
by painting or planting, creating or collaborating.
Maybe it's even done through inspirational ideas.

Whatever our medium, this book does a beautiful job
of letting us know that our voice matters,
and encouraging us to find a way to Say Something,
even if/when we fear that nobody is listening.

I especially connected with how gently its words 
nudge us from theory to practice:
So when you're ready ... say something!

Check out this one-of-a-kind gem to help your superheroes
find a way to express themselves so that the whole world hears.

Want a few more powerful resources
that encourage us to say something?


Finally, I'm super excited because this afternoon
I get to interview a few student podcasters
who have something a lot to say about their
school culture and climate of caring.


I can't wait to share their Season Two episode of
Character Speaks with you.






No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!