PPBF: The Love In My Heart

Happy weekend, dear reader, and thank you for stopping by the Corner. 
Though it's a little tricky, I'm hopeful that you can tell that I'm smiling behind 
this mask I made (from an old t-shirt) to wear while we wait for our 
CharacterStrong Be Kind masks to arrive. 


How are you spending your time during this quarantine quietude?
This morning I made a driveway drop off, two magic wands and some donut holes for my superhero friends and a bowl of navy-bean soup for their parents. 


Their passion, energy and joy made my heart so happy.

Prepare for today's PPBF pick to make yours happy, too.




Title: The Love In My Heart
Author: Tim Bugbird
Illustrator: Nadine Wickenden
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Birth date: April 8, 2014
Suitable for grades: preK-3rd
Themes: love, connection, growth mindset
Brief synopsis: Travel with Big and Boo through love personified and see what Big finds to help explain the power of love.
Opening page: 
Big and Boo were resting, after bounding in the forest all day. 
They were a long way from home and Boo was very tired. 

Resources:

Enjoy a read-aloud by Our Sensory Kids {here} 
Visit Make Believe Ideas for enrichment ideas and resources.

Why I like this book: Its timeless message about unconditional love, sent to me by a sweet teacher in Ohio (thank you, Hayes class family!), is so incredibly important, always and especially during this Covid-19 crisis. This morning as I was picking up the donut holes to take to my friends, it brought me to tears when I heard the owner, whose business is struggling to stay afloat right now, tell the customer in front of me that all we need is love right now. Her words, which is pretty much the theme of this book, took me to the Beatles' song, which has been playing over and over in my head all morning. 

Who can argue with these nuggets from the book's pages: 

Love can move mountains. 
Love can color a rainbow. 
Love can change thunder to a song. 

Compare and contrast with these titles about feelings and love:


Invite your students to complete a heart map
with all of the people, places, and memories they love.

What are you doing with the love in your heart today?

Leave your comments below, then head to Susanna Hill's blog for her review of This Book Is Gray and today's other PPBF picks.


Meanwhile, I'm praying for your wellbeing
and sending lots of love your way.








2 comments

  1. I always look forward to visiting your blog because it is so happy and inspirational. I love seeing your interactions with children. What a sweet book to share today. It sounds like a beautiful and poetic read with gorgeous illustrations!

    And, I love your CharacterStrongBeKind mask -- is someone making them? Or can you order them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat, for your kind affirmations. You can order the Be Kind masks at the CharacterStrong link above; if you buy between now and Tuesday, they are buy one, give one, so you'll also be helping someone else!

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!