Beyond The Bubble Bath

Today I'm grateful, because my self-care podcast episode is now live;
click {here} to tune for some out-of-the-tub S-A-F-E-R strategies,
like writing a thank-you note to yourself and tucking it away for later.

On Friday, I presented a similar session via Zoom for some counselors in WI; what a gift to be invited to share SELf-Care suggestions with them.


Do let me know if you'd like me to create a similar session for you.

I'm also feeling the need to be extra gentle with myself this evening, because today marked the last visit of my mentoring time in DISD. In a follow-up meeting this afternoon, I was given three minutes to summarize the 150 hours that I spent growing alongside these fifteen veteran-and-newbie counselors this year, so I created a Top Ten list:

Advocacy: We practiced advocating for ourselves and for our profession.
Beliefs: We took a deep dive into our thoughts, mindsets and core values.
Compassion: We looked the practice of self-compassion, gratitude, love.


Data: Numbers are our friends because numbers typically do not lie.
Emotional IQ: We took an EQ test and discussed empathy & stressors.


Feelings: We reviewed Psychological First Aid and processing feelings.
Goal Setting: We learned about and set personal & work WOOP goals.


Healthy Habits: We created Mental Health Wheels to discuss wellBEing.

  
Identity: We unpacked biases & stereotypes as we examined who we are.
Journey: We discussed finding joy while resisting the urge to travel alone.


So there you have it; Barbara G's Coaching ABCs.
Can you see why I'm feeling a little tender tonight?

This contract was my chance every week for face-to-face mentorship time 
with other like-minded and like-hearted school counseling friends. 

I'm going to miss connecting routinely with those beautiful souls.

In fact, I think I'll go take a hot bubble bath with some soothing essential oils and enjoy some hydration therapy to help me process and emote. 

What's your favorite proactive self-care strategy 
that takes you beyond the bubble bath? 🛁





No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!