Glimpses Of Goodness

Happy Wednesday; how are things going in your Corner today?

I just love this image from John Tesh about the calming qualities of all things green, and I totally agree because I feel so much peace and joy, no doubt enriched by the pine scent, every time I pass by our tree.


So today, a story about the goodness of humankind. Early in the semester, a school district in a neighboring state reached out to inquire about purchasing fifteen copies of Cape for their Counselors to do a book study. As we conversed back and forth to work out details, it was put on my heart to donate the books. Then I threw in an offer to Zoom into a session with the counselors at some point in the semester if they wanted. It gave me such great joy to sign, package up, and ship those books to New Mexico. 

Fast forward to November 5th, when I got an email from the lead counselor, thanking me for the books, telling me they really enjoyed their book study and asking if I'd like to jump online for their last meeting. Of course I said yes and she sent a calendar invite for December 16th, this morning, at 11 am CST. I woke up so excited!

It was forty-five minutes of pure bliss, to meet these beautiful and passionate counselors online as they told me which parts of the book resonated with them, affirmed my life's work, asked me questions, and shared how they were able to piggyback and springboard and dovetail my ideas to sharpen their skills. We talked about Hey, Little Ant and 4-H, about enthusiasm and self-discipline, about service learning and bibliotherapy. Kindred spirits in close kinship despite the distance. {Sigh}.

Picking up the ukulele and singing them a song to launch them into their holiday break brought some of us to tears and connected us in a way that I wasn't sure was virtually even possible. So today, I'm overflowing with gratitude to them for their invitation and their thoughtfulness at refueling my journey with their loving kindness.

And reflecting on the whole experience has me wondering:

Is there someone that you could reach out to today,
someone you could check in with or check in on,
someone with whom you could share a gratitude,
someone who might need a glimpse of goodness
or a glimmer of hope?

Don't wait another second; reach out and let them know how much they mean to you. You'll be glad you did, because when you invest in people, the dividends are huge. And connection is a gift that keeps on giving.

A few self-care reminders before I sign off:



Where have you seen glimpses of goodness these past few days?

And how might intentionally looking for them help bring them into focus?






No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!