I Got This! I Have Bounce Back Superpowers

Today I'm thinking about resilience, the ability to bounce back.

It's endurance with direction; right on, Mr. Greitens. I like to think about it in terms of bouncing forward, of changing directions, for sure, and not only being okay, but (gasp!), maybe even being better in your new normal. It's about recharging, heart, mind and will.

Our friend Dr. Michele Borba researched this in her bestseller Thrivers.


Empathy can be the best stress-reducer and hope-builder there is.


My faves? Empathy and Curiosity: Thrivers think we not me.

So how happy does it make my heart that Dr. Borba teamed up with Julia Cook to write I Got This! I Have BOUNCE BACK Superpowers? Thrilled! 


It's an adorable newcomer about Charlie, who has set a goal to be a Rescue Dog, but finds that there are hurdles on his climb to the top of that very tall mountain that threaten to keep success just out of reach. Travels with his friend Hazel and him as they employ some resilience strategies to help him meet his lofty certification goal.

Check out Julia's book trailer.


For fun, I created this feather template for a coloring sheet or a bookmark.


Click the picture for your freebie download.
Consider these other enrichment resources:


Sing along with this snappy song.


I'm so grateful to add this important title to my Grammy shelf.

What's your favorite book with a grit or resilience theme?

Happy bouncing, dear reader.









No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!