Saturday Songs 9

The song My Wish, by Rascal Flatts, manages to tug at my heartstrings every time it comes on my iPod, in part because my friends at the National Center for Youth Issues (NCYI) use it with their slide shows to launch character educators from their Healthy Choices conferences into the world to make a difference. The sweet, wish-filled lyrics start and tears fill my eyes
Click {here} to enJOY it.

photo of Rascal Flatts quote


Another recent discovery that brings me to tears in no time is the ESPN segment in partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation called 
My Wish
Through blurry eyes, I could watch those character clips all day.
In this episode, young Packers fan Anna gets to meet Packers Al Harris and Aaron Rogers. But be warned; each story is as heartwarming (and heart wrenching!) as the next, so grab some tissues and 
prepare to fall in love with and be forever impacted by 
these courageous kids!




3 comments

  1. My wish would be that athletes recognize they are role models for kids--whether they want to be or not. We are blessed to have a great one in Aaron Rodgers.

    Last week we took the tour of Lambeau Field and it was amazing. We got to go through the tunnel the players run out from and it brought goose bumps to my arms.

    Character really shows during adverse times. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song. I haven't heard it before. Thank you!
    I didn't have the courage to watch the second video ... cause I cry easily, too:)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I watched those character clips all day, I'd be a puddle on the floor!

    As if you needed any more proof: My Wish is a very special song for me and for my sixth graders. We used it for promotion one year and it was very emotional. Are you sure you are not listening to MY iPod?

    Thanks for the sweet Saturday message...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!