Being Comfortable Being Uncomfortable

Today I'm excited to share two quick things; the first is this incredible CharacterStrong podcast episode which featured my nephew and Godson Tanner. Click the image below to tune in today. 

I so admire how he models wisdom and humility at such a young age.
His advice that we should get comfortable getting uncomfortable really resonates. Isn't that a timely truth? Our future looks bright with young people like Tanner leading the way.

The second is that I'm jazzed to have signed a contract with EduMatch Publishing for my first children's book, due to release next summer. 

I'm so drawn to this page from our upcoming picture book, 
drawn by my talented illustrator Audrye Williams.


Does it intrigue you, pique your interest, leave you wanting more?

We are over the moon with joy to share our heartwarming tale with the world and we are so very blessed and grateful to be the newest Author/Illustrator duo at EduMatch.

Our story is a fun one; Audrye graduated from FHS with our daughter so I knew of her but didn't really know her. Six years or so passed before she got the job as the Art teacher at Bales Intermediate the year after I left, so again I knew about her but hadn't met her. Then this past October, she reached out to see if I might consider mentoring her as she contemplated how she might combine her art with some sort of counseling. It was after our first coffee chat that I realized that she was the one who would illustrate my book. It made my heart happy when she said yes! 

For my birthday, she drew this incredible portrait of me.


I feel so blessed to be pairing with her to bring our story to life.

Ok, dear reader, as our daughter's wedding day approaches, I am going to unplug for a bit; in the meantime, I'm praying that you will have a happy new year as school reopens whether in person or virtually.

Remember to resist the urge to expect school to be the way it was;
keep on working with intention to take it one moment, one day at a time
and enjoy unwrapping the present together with your school family this year. Take comfort in knowing that we are all in this together;


thank you, Deer Park ISD, for this fun reminder.

Embrace being uncomfortable while you keep on
inspiring hope and choosing joy.




 

No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!