Investing Your Time Affluence

Today I'm excited because we're off soon to see these
beauties blanket the ditches, medians and fields.

And as things start to get busy again, I'm thinking about
time affluence because of what Professor Laurie Santos shared
in that podcast interview with Phil Donahue and Marlo Thomas.

I know, I know, I'm in a different season than you
and it's very likely that I have more time than you.

Duly noted.

But stay with me.

One of the blessings I feel like the pandemic gave us
is time affluence, the gift of time.

Time to do nothing.

Time to just be.


Lots of time for that this past year, eh?

And time to serve, too. Especially time to serve.

So I've been working with intention on 
investing my time affluence.

One thing I'm interested in is making 
jump ropes out of old T-shirts.

Photo credit: Karon Padgett

It's still doing something, but there's no deadline.
No pressure. No hurry. Click {here} for instructions.

And it's a chance to help others,
something I strive to do more of.

Yesterday I was able to be a guest speaker at a
virtual career day with some 4th graders in PA.


I loved talking with them about being an author, and
I especially enjoyed what they were curious about:

How often do you write?
When did you start writing?
Do you always enjoy writing?
Do you prefer to write fiction or non-fiction?
Where do you get your inspiration?
Why is writing so important to you?

There was a time I wouldn't have been available
to fill in at the last minute, to help a friend,
to connect with those budding writers.

Ah, the gift of time affluence.

We invest in what we value and 
what we appreciate, appreciates.

The more available we are, the more chances we'll have to connect. 

I've also been reaching out to people,
with texts and emails, phone calls even,
(which are even better!) to let people know
that they are appreciated and loved.

Because we're wired for connection.

How are you investing your time affluence?

Happy Saturday, dear reader. 






No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!