Creatively Decompressing

Happy July; what an incredible month June was. I was especially excited to finally spend a little time with our book's talented illustrator, Audrye Williams, when the hardcover copy made its debut.

Thank you all for your kind feedback; we feel
so blessed to share this special story with the world.

Now on to my fun news; I'm going back to school.
As some of you know, I've been praying for a
part-time position, to once again belong to a
school family of my own. And a few days ago,
I got a call to return to the classroom to teach Spanish
with these passionate educators at Friendswood Jr. High.


And I cannot WAIT. I've got a steep learning curve ahead, but I do love a challenge as I seize the day on my journey through life's twists and turns.

Speaking of twists and turns, how do you decompress
so that you've got the strength to reboot and rebound?

Enter today's book recommendation:


Recently, our boys and Victoria have started painting.


They tune in to Bob Ross and create right alongside him.

It's so cathartic and therapeutic.

Dr. Michele Borba tells us that decompression is crucial
for Thrivers to bounce forward from stress. In this post,
she shares some ideas for some science-backed ideas
for helping kids destress during this summertime season.

In this activity book, you'll find word search puzzles,
blank pages for sketching, cryptograms, word jumbles,
crosswords, hidden pictures even.

Check out this newcomer, then brainstorm a list of
others ways that help you to creatively decompress:

Reading. Swimming. Picking Weeds.
Walking. Skateboarding. Rollerblading.
Shopping, Napping. Playing ukulele.
Writing poetry. Listening to podcasts.
Learning a new language, like ASL.


Kayaking. Boating. Water skiing.
Gardening. Baking. Coloring. Music.
Crocheting. Cleaning. Connecting.
Knitting. Canning. Jigsaw puzzles.
Stargazing. Cloud gazing. Moon gazing.

Did you see that strawberry moon in June? 


So many opportunities to feed your creative side; 
happy decompressing!



 








No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!