Tattoos On My Heart

Today I've been reflecting on this Mother Teresa wisdom.

I loved it so much that I put it on this picture of this shot of the Peace Labyrinth at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, where I attended at funeral recently. I may have heard it before, but it really resonated when I saw it again while reading Tattoos On The Heart by Father Gregory Boyle

It's a dozen years old already, but this at-once heartbreaking and heartwarming compassion manifesto was well worth the wait.


I wish I could say that it was poolside reading,
but we've had so many dreary rain days lately
that it was instead a Wisconsin room read
savoring every second of this tattoo on my heart.

If you've not read this treasure yet, 
do yourself a favor and check it out.

What's leaving tattoos on your heart these days?

For fun, I recorded the first few pages
of Mr. Quigley's Keys the other day.


I've also been sending signed bookplates
to friends like Melisa up in Ohio.


Oh, and making delish dishes with our garden-fresh produce.


In this crock-pot concoction, we've got longhorn okra,
John's purple hull peas, our early girl tomatoes,
fresh bell peppers and bits of bacon for flavoring,
simmering all day in a chicken broth and seasonings.

I finished up an online course on trauma and reconnection.
And I'm studying up on language-acquisition methodologies.
I even tried Japanese cuisine at a new restaurant last night.


And I've been taking cat naps with my cat.
(If only I could zonk out as purrrrrfectly as she can.)


It truly is the little things that leave the biggest tattoos.

Happy July, dear reader.








No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!