Kids With Courage


Happy Wednesday! Today I'm celebrating because it's my sister's birthday. She always sends flowers to our mom on this very special day, to say thank you and wish her well. Isn't that a caring gesture? 
Birthday blessings, Debra!


photo of counselors with character button

I'm also excited because I won a I {heart} School Counseling tote over at Marissa's Elementary School Counseling Blog. Every month, she's having a Counselors With Character contest to gather some good ideas to share with her readers. Why not give join her next month? 
Click her beautiful bumper-sticker graphic above for details!

My idea for this month's trait - courage - is showcased {here}. For enrichment, download a Wigglebottom song about courage {here}.

For older students, check out Kids With Courage, the Barbara Lewis book that spotlights young people who have done courageous things and are making a difference. Click the book-cover image for more information about this Free Spirit Press title.





3 comments

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Congrats on your new tote! Courage is a great character trait to start the year off with. Thanks for the song and book suggestion. I hope you are enjoying the start of your new school year!

    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson! Congrats on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my friend, are full of great character! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!