Look UP And Know

Happy Easter.
Today's worship service left me so incredibly emotional and raw.
 The music, the fanfare, the jubilation, the celebration. 
Words powerful enough to describe that experience escape me.

Instead, let me share about yesterday's mindful morning trek
to the Gruener farm, where wild dewberries made this
the prettiest {and tastiest} fence line around.


The bright sun warmed our skin as we braved the bramble
and came away blessed with lots of these tasty treasures. 

Because of this fruitful outing with Jacob and John, 
we'll be enjoying a fresh dewberry pie for Easter lunch
and I have dough set for a batch of Kolaches which 
I'm planning to serve at tomorrow's mindfulness workshop.

From earlier this week, congratulations Laurel; you have won a copy of Seraphina Does Everything from our friends at NCYI.
Thank you for being a faithful reader at the Corner;
enjoy that rocking-chair time as you teach your grand-daughter
that balance means everything to our mental health and wellbeing.

Moving forward to today's book rec and reflections:
I picked this text up a year ago and, in the chaos of everything
that has happened between now and then, kind of forgot about it.


But the adorable rabbit on this Easter {Bunny} Sunday 
came hopping back into my heart with a tugging stronghold
subtly shouting its message to live life to its fullest.

Rabbit and bird head out on an adventure together
during which they engage and explore,
 pretend and play, investigate and imagine.
And regardless of which path they choose,
they'll find joy in savoring the sensational things
that every journey has to offer. They'll also find wisdom in
looking up, for the sky and the stars are a constant reminder
of "what you will always know."

I'm totally reading it aloud at my training tomorrow;
it'll also make a pretty cool Earth Day pick.

Check out The Knowing Book; I know you'll be 'hoppy' you did.









No comments

I really enjoy hearing from my readers; thanks for sharing your reflections with us!